Thursday, January 21, 2010

It Is NOT "O-Ten"


Etsy Garland by KristinaMarie seen here

I had grand plans for my 100th post (yay me!), but it didn't happen. Then the inspiration was gone and I had nothing. So here it is...

Don't you it hate how it's easier to find the negative, than the positive. It takes more work to see things on the bright side. I'm even an optimistic person. I was ready to say goodbye to 2009 -- completely over it. I'm pretty ashamed to admit I was only thinking about the hard things and completely overlooking the fact that 2009 will forever hold some of my very best memories. I mean, I did some cool things, had reunions with some of my best friends, became reacquainted with some old friends, further proved that you don't have to live in the same city to be life friends, found direction in school, had adventures in new cities, and fell completely in love with Ava, a baby that I didn't even birth. I'd say overall, it was good year. Besides, I wouldn't want it easy all the time because that's cheap. I want to have joy from my depths and remind myself that sometimes there is pain in the process. When it's easy it seems I start to rely only on myself, and well, that never gets me anywhere. :)

That being said, I'm happy it's 2010. A new year, a new decade, a new start. Goals were revisited, crossed off, added, and changed. I'm one year closer to being the person I strive to be. And that really makes me happy.

P.S. Two of my very favorite people started new blogs this year and if you're not reading them yet, you should. Check out "The Bolin Adventures" and "Personal Challenge Fitness."

3 comments:

pcfitness said...

you really are a great writer...i love to read your blog entries! Miss you so much. You are a part of many of my great 2009 memories. Can't wait for more wonderful memories in 2010.

Shannon said...

Love, love, love it!
Sister, 2010 is going to be the most fab year yet. Amazing things have already been discussed and are well on their way (e.g. Plaid Peacock). Can't wait to see what's in store for you this year.
xo,
me

Shannon said...

By the way, I think your 100th post was fabulous.