Friday, October 9, 2009

Halloween SOS

I determined last night that my kids are going to probably hate me. I came to the conclusion after I had been to 3 Halloween stores looking for a respectable costume. I'm modest, but not over-the-top. I searched high and low for a costume that was not labeled "A Playboy Original" or "Leg Avenue." My girls (as in, my girl children) will never be allowed to wear those costumes, and my boys won't be allowed to be with girls who wear those costumes. I'm expecting them to know right from wrong, and it won't be an issue. I'm not budging if it is.

Basically, my options were to be a witch or wear a man's costume. Neither of which will do. For two years now, I've just wanted to be a sailor -- a respectable, God bless America sailor. Not a slutty one. We're in the middle of a war here. Is that too much to ask?

I need more ideas and someone to help with the vision. Send help please!

1 comment:

sarita said...

ok, so i can't give advice on where to find a non-playboy costume, but i totally second your thoughts on my children and modesty. someone has to take a stand, right?!?