Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The 515

found here
Des Moines made Design Sponge! We're listed in good company with places like D.C., Sydney, Milan, Boston. I'm just starting to figure out this place is kind of cool. It only took me 16 years, but still.

Instead of sorrowing over all the things we don't have (Anthro, H&M, Ikea, the oceans, mountains...I could go on, but that's not the point), I'm thinking of all the things we do. Like, grass that is actually green, snow flakes at Christmas, charming brick houses, Von Maur, the Iowa State Fair (duh). Lest you think because I live in Iowa, I am a little bit country, I have never milked a cow, collected my own eggs, and once cried when I stepped in manure at a friends house. I did, however, listen and thoroughly enjoy the Journey concert at the Iowa State Fair...from a lawn chair...in my brother's backyard. WT maybe, country, not a chance.

So friends, come play with me. We've got some fun things to do off this list. Don't believe me? Check it out here.

3 comments:

Megan and Nate said...

i never though i would say it, but I miss iowa! or maybe i just miss you.

Tyler and Margaret said...

Hey Nikki, I saw your name on a friends blog list and I thought I would check out your blog. Hope that is okay! It was fun to meet you at Erin's baby shower and running into you at the Gap!

sarita said...

I love Iowa! It will be harder to leave here than it was to leave the state where I spent 20+ years of my life!

And I LOVE that you listened to the Journey concert in a lawn chair in your brother's back yard.

Awesome.