Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Washingon DC


I'm excited to report I get to cross another thing off my list. I just got back from a work trip to Washington DC. I think I fell in love with that city. I don't have many pictures of me on the trip. This one will have to do as proof I was actually there. Trip highlights include: staying in the nicest hotel I've have ever stepped foot in, Arlington National Cemetery where I had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye the entire time, the Holocaust Museum where I couldn't hold it in anymore and balled like a baby, the Iwo Jima monument, and getting caught in the presidential motorcade. I didn't have nearly enough time and would love to go back. I need to work in that city someday. That's all there is to it.
Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns
Rows and rows of headstones at Arlington National Cemetery

Iwo Jima Monument for Marines

The White House

4 comments:

Matt and Erin Pitcher said...

What a fun work trip! Lucky you! I bawled when I was at the holocaust museum, too. Isn't it amazing!? (Well--in a sad, depressing type of "amazing"...) I mean the MUSEUM is amazing--not the holocaust. Glad you're back. We'll have to get together soon.

Shannon said...

Sister, God Bless America. I am so glad that you had such a fabulous time. I was thinking about how "God Bless America" you are, and I realized there are a few other fab things about you that I thought I would comment on...
*You're the most loyal person I know, and I love that about you
*You deserve the best, including fabulous trips to DC
*Life is better when you're in it
*You're beautiful
*You give until it hurts, and even beyond sometimes
*You're the best travel/shopping buddy ever
*Athena is lucky to have you as a single dog mom
*You're a FANTASTIC writer, and I hope through the course of your blogging and other adventures, that someone discovers this talent and pays you for it
*You're the most amazing friend I've ever had, and I love you so, so much.
*It's better when we're together.
God Bless America!

Sarah Skaggs said...

Seems like you had a great time, and that makes me so happy :) We need to catch up, I need to update you. I'm sure it will happen, one of these days........

I love you, more than you know.....

Megan and Nate said...

I am so glad that you got to go and that you had such a great time. We will have to talk soon to catch up. Miss you!