Thursday, June 11, 2009

Destiny


I'll admit it. I like the Hills. I like Lauren Conrad. I'll probably read her new book this summer. I don't think the Hills will be as good now that she's gone. I feel like I watched her grow up. I am, after all, 28 years old now. I first started following the drama on Laguna Beach, and would get SO mad at Stephen for how he treated her. By the way, Stephen is on One Tree Hill now and he should stick with breaking hearts on "reality" tv. Lauren's come a long way since then... especially her highlights.

When I woke up this morning, more tired than usual from all the birthday partying I've been doing (uhh, something like that...) I just didn't feel like doing my hair. For some unknown reason I thought I could pull off Lauren's braid. Apparently I didn't look into the mirror until I got to work and it was too late... CRAP! Note to self: braids do not hide grease. Is that embarrassing to admit?

Then, I happened upon a quote by Coco Chanel on some one's FB.

"I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny."

I hope today is not my day.

I should shower at lunch time.

2 comments:

Megan and Nate said...

If today is your destiny he will love you anyway! You make me laugh.

Sarah Skaggs said...

I love you so much. God has your destiny all worked out....... and mine too. I'll be home on Tuesday and could really use a date with you..... I'll call you to set it up.