Friday, May 22, 2009

These Are My Confessions


Do you remember that song by Usher? I'm listening to it right now. I've got some things to get off my chest. Here's the thing, I've been known to color coordinate my closet. For some reason, it makes me happy. It's like for a second everything is as it should be -- As if I don't live between 150 and 1500 miles away from my best friends, I never lose my cool, I travel the world, people I come in contact with are normal, mutants from X-men are real and then maybe I could get some world peace. Instead I settle for a closet that's pleasing to my eye. I'm really not that particular of a person -- I usually have at least a few dishes in the sink, my desk is a bit disheveled, and I always have a large stack of things on my kitchen table that need to be filed. Always. Sometimes, I pay my sister to clean my house because I'm just not into it. Don't judge me. I suppose it is not the organization of the closet, but the color of the closet that makes me happy. I think that's one reason I love working at the G-A-P so much... seriously, can I get a cardigan in every color please??? I would if I could. I spent a ridiculous amount of time picking the paint colors for my house. I'm still not satisfied. I know what I like. Please don't think I consider myself a color expert. I leave that kind of thing to some of my favorite friends. Although, I did learn all about complimentary colors in my high school art class. It was actually easy for me to remember because I had a polo shirt in each of the three combinations (red & green, orange & blue, yellow & purple). How embarrassing, huh? I did just text my friend to make sure I remembered right. I strive (and sometimes fail) to see the glass half full, the silver lining in the clouds, the best in crappy situations. My blue eyes aren't the bluest... A little bit muddy & sometime gray. Though here's the thing, I got a spray tan the other day and my skin is straight up ORANGE. Thanks to my knowledge of complimentary colors, I've figured out why my eyes are sparkling, piercing, crystal blue today. I suppose the tan isn't all THAT bad. Lastly, I actually like that Usher song.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

LOl! Sister, OOC. Love, love, love it! Girl, at least you are saying NO to skin cancer :) I miss you an extra lot today. Sure wish we were together. I hope your God Bless America weekend is fab!

Megan and Nate said...

I love me some Nikki! You are too funny. Isn't it funny how the spray tan always ends up a bit funky but we continue to try thinking "maybe this time it will work". I just bought me some new self tanner lotion yesterday. Here i to another try:)

I am really beginning to think you need to move to Ohio. I can't go there by myself!