Sunday, May 24, 2009

Age is Just a Number

Pretty for sure we need a picture that isn't over 2 years old...
Dearest Em,
I have to tell you, I'm a little ticked that Illinois came between us on this day, your 27th birthday. Distance does not play nice. I can assure you, there is no where else I'd rather be today than celebrating with you. I listened to Survivor, All or Nothing by O-town, and Eye of the Tiger, but it just wasn't the same. It is not fun dancing on the counter by yourself. I also ate a cupcake, although you probably wouldn't have ate one because you have discipline and you're good like that. Anyways, I hope Jake was extra good to you today, that Jones was sweeter than usual, that Ben was a little angel, and that Natalie sleeps through the night. I also hope that you know how much I love you, that I admire you, and that I'm proud of who you are and who Jesus is making you to be. Your perseverance, strength, and character will still be there when hope feels gone. Those are some of the important things -- things that really matter. I'm praying good things for you this year -- the very, very best of things.
I love you always,
EM
P.S. Your present will be in the mail soon... I sorry.

1 comment:

Sarah Skaggs said...

OK, couple things:

1. We definitely need an updated pic where I don't look like I'm such a slob...... although that is my hair-do 6 of the 7 days a week :)

2. I did have a terrific birthday, my boys spoiled me and (hopefully) my baby girl will sleep all night long!

3. I've never like Illinois either.

4. You're the best friend a girl could have and your words made me cry. I hate that we are far apart, I hate that we haven't seen each other since I was 8 months pregnant (which, btw, Natalie is 5 months old now! yes, that means it has been 6 months since our last date!) and I hate that neither of our lives are as perfect as we imagined they would be only a few short years ago as we dreamed together in your room at the infamous Lighthouse...... but I love the fact that we both know Jesus is in control and His ways are the best ways. Someday everything will be just as it should be........ whatever that looks like........ but I imagine it to be where we both live in a place that has our family, beautiful weather, fulfilling ministry, and Subway, Targets, & Starbucks at every corner ;)

I love you so much. Let's get together soon. And let's not just say "let's get together" but let's really do it. Kiss baby Ava for me...... maybe her and Ben should meet too ;)