Friday, April 10, 2009

A Bang Up Job

I had big dreams last night -- ones of change (not like Obama) and being trendy and edgy. I channeled Kate Hudson in Bride Wars (how cute is she???) and thought blunt bangs was the way to go. I even googled "blunt bangs" and it really is all the rage for Spring '09.

The fact that my sister cuts hair is not always a good thing. I have immediate access with no time to think things through. If I'd have been rational I would have reasoned that my face (or body for that matter) is not the same size as Kate's. I wouldn't want it to be. Then I would have remembered how I tried to have straight across bangs in elementary school when big hair was cool, and I have a cowlick in the front that does not cooperate. I didn't think of those things. What's done is done. Hair grows back. But, I can assure you, I don't look like Kate Hudson.

3 comments:

ali said...

i can totally relate! it is so true that when someone close cuts hair it can be so impulsive! i'm sure you are as adorable as ever!!!

shannonlbolin said...

Sister, I'm sure they look fab! um, so, you should maybe come be with me now. thank you very much.

Sarah Skaggs said...

first of all, I agree. I've come to terms with the fact I can't pull of ANY type of bangs. secondly, I"m sure you look beautiful :) love you!