Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


I'm sad that my "things I love" list has come to a close as Valentine's Day is nearly over. Honestly, it was hard narrowing down the list to five things -- some very superficial, some not as much. Most of them not surprising to those who know me. Obviously, some of the "givens" were left off -- Jesus, my friends, the United States... and then some of the cliche girl things -- flowers (mostly orchids), pedicures, juicy jewelry, and red velvet cupcakes. I LOVE going to new cities, reading a good book, decorating my apartment, wearing a vintage apron, the 4th of July and New Year's Eve, drinking a coke zero, going to the movie theater, a good birthday, a made bed, the sunshine, People Style Watch, stocking hats, giving a good gift, and dreaming of being an events planner. All those things are better when shared with people -- the people that you love.

This year I resolved to love more... I'm getting there.

No comments: