Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Not so much...

The weatherman was predicting ice and snow and cold temperatures last night. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for a snow day. It's one of the perks to working in the education field although our school rarely cancels. Besides an 8 month stint in Arizona, I've lived in the Midwest my whole life. I'm no stranger to an Iowa winter and I'm not scared to drive in bad weather. But, you can bet I was disappointed when I woke up at 5 this morning, without my alarm clock, to hear that the only thing I'd be getting out of last night's storm was a longer drive into work. I have my last final tonight, and I could of used the extra 8 hours to study (remember my last post). Well, not so much. I was denied. But, I'll take heart. Because this is my 26th Midwest winter (b/c of the one I spent in AZ), and I know I'll get a snow day. Soon enough.

No comments: