Thursday, December 4, 2008

Last Minute

I think I live in a perpetual cycle of procrastination. I read on the Internet today (such a reliable source) that there's a procrastination gene. Could it be? If it's true, I know I got more than my blue eyes from my parents. In my search, I also found that there are a list of treatment centers for people such as myself. I guess I didn't think it was that big of a problem because I ALWAYS get it done, and it ALWAYS (most of the time) works out really well. That being said, it can be a bit overwhelming at times.

My latest put-off-til-the-last-minute project is one of my classes. It's self-paced and the deadline is tomorrow. Oh, did you think I started it at the beginning of the semester? Not so much. Don't judge me. Tonight, (after I get finished with my other class at 8:00), I will be writing an article review (not even sure I know what that means) on the nutritional requirements of the child and teenage athlete, and THEN a research paper on protein requirements in the athlete. And do you think I know anything about those topics? I'm neither an athlete or a nutrition expert and I don't look fondly on my teenage years (I've come a long way). BUT I'm not worried. I'll stress over it and feel overwhelmed, and then I'll get it done and do awesome. Like I always do. 'Cause that's how I work.

3 comments:

shannonlbolin said...

Sister, it's just how we roll. You'll get 'er done - just like you always do!

Megan and Nate said...

Good luck my dear! Sounds like I should have been doing some research for you while you were running on the treadmill last night.

sarita said...

So how did it turn out?
I think Ryan got that gene as well. He can put off everything until the last minute and still ace practically every test.
It's hard for people like me who plan way ahead and then can barely pull a "B". I'll try not to have too many hard feelings towards either of you.