Thursday, October 2, 2008

The leaves are falling

Fall is here, my friends. This morning I could see my breath when I took Athena out. My hardwood floors were icy when I stepped out of bed this morning (I definitely need to get a rug... This girl will never get out of bed this winter if it gets much worse...). The leaves are red, and yellow, and orange. I love it!

When I lived in Tucson, one of the things I missed the most was this season... I know you can swim on Thanksgiving (which is pretty fabulous), but pointy, rock gardens always look the same, and cacti don't turn colors.

This morning standing in my closet, wondering what on earth I'm going to wear, I came to the conclusion that my fall/winter attire is severely lacking. I need work clothes, and "play" clothes... and a new coat, for sure. My go-to store is Target these days... more because it's in my budget than because I really (REALLY) love the clothes. But you should know that when I'm dreaming of the things I really (REALLY) want to buy, I can assure you that I don't look to target.com. Here's a few things I've been eyeing, none of which I can afford.

I wish these coats came in a different color... like yellow, or pink, or orange...




Not so much the dress, but more the cardigan. I'm a big fan of yellow these days.

Here's hoping for the work bonus I've been expecting and clearance-priced sales I can't pass up. If not, there's always Target.

1 comment:

Matt and Erin Pitcher said...

Nikki, you are so cute. And yes, it definitely is getting to be fall. This morning Matt said, "I can tell that it's starting to get cold, because when we wake up in the morning all the covers are pulled over to your side of the bed." Haha! Hopefully you'll get that big bonus!