Saturday, October 4, 2008

Don't do it... you don't care.

I found out the other day that my sister isn't registered to vote!!! Are you kidding me??? Rest assured, we rectifed that situation....and printed off a few other forms in case someone else told me they weren't registered. I'm tired of people thinking my generation is lazy and apathetic because I'm neither of those things. And neither are most of you. So, please vote. It's our responsibility. Exercise a right that someone had to fight for. Seriously. Vote.



"This world demands the qualities of youth; not a time of life but a state of mind, a temper of will, a quality of the imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease. it is a revolutionary world we live in, and thus, as i have said in Latin America, and Asia, in Europe and in the United States, it is young people who must take the lead. thus you, and your young compatriots everywhere, have had thrust upon you a greater burden of responsibility than any generation that has ever lived." -Robert F. Kennedy

P.S. If you live in Des Moines you have until Friday, October 24th to register... That's 20 days, people. 20 days.

3 comments:

L said...

I'd like to clarify....
I wasn't registered because this is the first time I am even ALLOWED to vote. Last presidential campaign I was still a toddler...:(
Rest assured, I will be voting this time! :)

shannonlbolin said...

Sister, you're so God bless America - you're the most-hard core person I know. Can we still be friends if I don't vote - or if I put myself on the ballot b/c I don't agree with either party???

What has Colorado done to me????

Sarah Skaggs said...

Amen Em........A-f*ing men! (Ooops, can I say that???)