Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Today Is A Good Day...

I've had a void in my life lately... for 35 days to be exact. I've wanted it since the day I gave it up... I wished for the familiar burning in my throat for 5 long, long weeks. Only my pride kept me going for this long, but today I had enough.
I've been at work since 6:30 for the past two days, and because my desk looks like this...

I needed one of these...

The perfect mix of bubbly carbonation, caffeine, pellet ice, and limes... you can't find much better of a drink in my opinion...

Lest you think I eased myself back into it with a small, I should set the record straight. My bf, Michael Phelps (oh, you didn't know?) has taught me that in America, we go big or go home. I got the gold medal of all Diet Cokes... Sonic's Route 44. An experience I'm sure will leave my throat burning for at least a few hours.
I'm excited to say the least.

Athena kept looking at me like I was weird... I'm sorry, I know what I like.

Besides the fact that I'm a little poorer b/c I owe Shannon some Juicy jewelry, today is shaping up to be a good day.

5 comments:

L said...

Oh you are too funny!!!!

Matt and Erin Pitcher said...

Nikki, you have a blog! I am in HEAVEN, now! And you are so funny--I'm glad you enjoyed your diet coke. Sorry I wasn't too chatty last night...way too tired. We should hang out more though 'cause I like you!

musson said...

Oh I miss Nikki!!
btw - I love this post!!!

Megan and Nate said...

You are funny! You deserve that diet coke.

sarita said...

I love pellet ice and I love that you have a blog!!! I love diet coke as well...