Friday, June 27, 2008

my aching back

I went to kickboxing last night. I was 20 minutes late, and only the teacher was in the class when I got there. I wanted to just leave, but Marci convinced me to stay. To say I was tired afterwards would be an understatement. See, usually I'm the one in the class in the far, back corner trying to hide from mirrors. When you stand back there, you can take it easy when you get tired because no one can see you. I'm also not the most coordinated of people, so it helps when you just can't get the jab-cross-upper-hook rhythm. Sometimes it takes me awhile. Last night, I was front and center. Though I could barely stand to give her one more uppercut, and my heart was pounding out of my chest, AND my entire body is sore today, I'm glad I went. Marci kicked my butt in a definite good way.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What? No one was in the class? I would've died...I'm worse than you, at least you STAY in the back of the class. Remember that one time I made you leave with me. We went to go and get a drink of water? Heaven help me! Way to stick it out girl and have a one-on-one session! That's awesome!